(Size: 1.88 MB / Downloads: 35)
WHAT IS BLUETOOTH
Bluetooth is a short range (10-100 m) and low-cost wirelessnetwork system to replace cables and give RF connectionbetween consumer devices.
Why this name?
It was taken from the 10th century Danish King Harald Blatand who unified Denmark and Norway.
When does it appear?
1994 – Ericsson study on a wireless technology to link mobile phones & accessories.
5 companies (Ericssn,Nokia,IBM,Toshiba & Intel)joined to form the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) in 1998 named.
First specification released in July 1999.
HOW BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY WORKS ?
1 .Bluetooth is a high-speed, low-power microwave wireless link technology, designed to connect phones, laptops, PDAs and other portable equipments together with little or no work by the user.
2. Unlike infra-red, Bluetooth does not require any line-of-sight positioning of connected devices like Infra-red.
3. Two Bluetooth products can exchange their addresses and capabilities just after coming within the range of about 10metres.
4. The radio operates on the globally-available unlicensed radio band, 2.45 GHz and supports data speeds of up to 721 Kbps.
1. By installing a Bluetooth network in office you can do away with the complex task of networking between the computing devices. Each Bluetooth device could be connected to 200 other devices. It supports both point to point and point to multipoint connections.
2. The Bluetooth technology connects all your peripherals wirelessly. Connect your pc or to printers , scanners and other devices without the trouble of cable attachments. You can increase your connections by connecting your keyboard wirelessly to your computer.
Share Voice and Data
The Bluetooth standard allows compatible devices to share both voice and data communications. For example, it is probably no surprise that a Bluetooth enabled cell phone is capable of sharing voice communications with a compatible Bluetooth headset , however, the same cell phone may also be capable of establishing a GPRS connection to the Internet. Then, using Bluetooth, the phone can connect to a laptop. The result: The laptop is capable of surfing the web or sending and receiving email.