CIIL.docx (Size: 758.37 KB / Downloads: 875)
The requirement of the project is for the separate girls hostel for the P.D.M.R.E.A. KARSINDHU, because of the facility of the hostel to the girls is provide on the institution building, there is not the circumstances for hostel life, so the requirement of separate hostel is compulsory. So we design the project under the guidance of our respected staff member of CIVIL ENGG. DEPARTMENT.
LOCATION OF SITE:-
This is a Girl's Hostel design for the P.D.M.R.E.A. Karsindhu, Safidon (JIND) HARYANA. According to requirement of the separate girl's hostel, the situation is in front of P.D.M. College of Diploma entry gate. It having area 643.86 m2 & two story building. It has 30 rooms. Three girls lived at a time in each room. A mess, common room & kitchen are also provided at ground floor having area 234 m2, 58.08 m2 & 108 m2 respectively.
1. LEVEL AT THE SITE : - The level at the site must be higher than that of its surrounding so as to provide good drainage.
2. CLIMATE CONDITION: - The intensity of the rainfall and sub soil water level should be low as to avoid dampness in the building.
3. SUB-SOIL CONDITION: - A hard strata should be available at a reasonable depth so as to construct the foundation of the building safely and economically.
4. AVAILABILITIES OF MODERN AMENITIES: - The site must be within municipal limits so that modern amenities like water supply, electricity, drainage, road etc. can be made available inner future if there is no provision at present.
5. AVAILABILITIES OF OTHER FACILITIES : - The site should provide as easy access from the nearest road and after sufficient light and air, these should be good and cheap transport facilities available near the site, it is always better if public services like fire brigade, police station etc.
The situation and surrounding of the site must as to suit the purpose for which the building it to be constructed.
Any structure constructed of what so ever material and used for residential, business education or other purposes is called building. Types of the building :-
1. Based on occupancy
2. Based on type of construction
BASED ON OCCUPANCY
Residential buildings: - The building in which sleeping accommodation is provided for normal residential purposes are called residential buildings.
Educational / institutional buildings: - The building used for school, college or day care purposes are called education / institutional building.
Assembly Buildings : - The buildings which are constructed for the purposes to gathering of the people for their respective purposes i.e. social, religious, civil, political is called assembly buildings.
Business Buildings: - The buildings used for transaction of business, for the keeping of accounts and records and other similar purposes called business buildings. Mercantile Buildings: - The buildings used for display of merchandise, either wholesale or retail are called Mercantile Buildings.
Industrial buildings: - The buildings in which products or materials of all kinds and properties are fabricated, assembled or processed are called industrial buildings. Storage buildings: - The buildings used primary for the storage, handling or shattering of goods and wares or merchandise, vehicles and animals are called storage buildings. Hazardous buildings: -The buildings used for storage, handling manufacturing or processing of highly combustible or explosive material are called Hazardous buildings.