PAPER PRESENTATION ON POVERTY
• Poverty is the lack of basic necessities that all human beings must have: food and water, shelter, education, medical care, security, etc.
• A multi-dimensional issue, poverty exceeds all social, economic, and political boundaries. As such, efforts to alleviate poverty must be informed of a variety of different factors.
• About 1.7 billion people are estimated to live in absolute poverty today.
• The supply of basic needs can be restricted by constraints on government services such as corruption, debt and loan conditionalities and by the brain drain of health care and educational professionals.
The poorest people will also have less access to health, education and other services.
• Problems of hunger, malnutrition and disease afflict the poorest in society.
• The poorest are also typically marginalized from society and have little representation or voice in public and political debates, making it even harder to escape poverty.
Causes of Poverty:-
Global Distribution of Resources
High Standard of Living and Cost of Living
Inadequate Education and Employment
Effects of Poverty:-
Malnutrition and Starvation
Mental Illness and Drug Dependence
Crime and Violence
Education and Job Training
Long-Term Economic Plans
Eliminating Job Discrimination
Better Tax Reform Programs
Work for the Unemployable
“Poverty is the state of human beings who are poor”,so everyone of us must try our level best to eradicate poverty and to uplift them.