pedal powered washing machine
pedal powered washing machine.doc (Size: 324.5 KB / Downloads: 370)
following ivan illich's concept of 'tools for convivality', the pedal powered washing machine is aimed at saving one time, labour and fossil fuels by washing clothes without a generator. the open resource project called
'les outils des l'autonomie' (the tools of autonomy), provides instructions on how to build one's own manually
powered washing machine - washer x bike - using recycled components.
- completely remove the inner washing machine, keeping the tank, its door opening and drain hose
- secure the vessel on a chassis rafter
- present the bike and make the bike carriers using tube, angles or other flat irons available.
all elements are welded together to the bike.
- slots are drilled into the plates (3-4mm), which allow for the adjustment of the voltage belt
- place the bike on the chassis, measuring using a string the length of the belt if necessary
- drill four holes into the frame and secure
- to prevent slippage of the belt, line the inside rim with a slip - similar to that of skateboard grips
- putting it in place, tighten tender and the machine is ready