MODIFIED PILL CAMERA PPT.pptx
(Size: 583.74 KB / Downloads: 353)
An Application of Nanotechnology
Overview of Nanotechnology
The aim of Technology is to make products in a large scale for cheaper prices and increased quality.
The technology used to achieve manufacturing at molecular level is “NANOTECHNOLOGY”.
The concept of nanotechnology is introduced by Drexel in the year 1981 through his article “The Engines of Creation”.
Image of the IBM spelled with 35 xenon atoms
In 1990, IBM researchers showed that it is possible to manipulate single atoms. They positioned 35 Xenon atoms on the surface of nickel crystal, using an atomic force microscopy instrument. These positioned atoms spelled out the letters ”IBM”.
introduction to PILL CAMERA
• Imagine a vitamin pill-sized camera that could travel through your body taking a picture, helping diagnose a problem which doctor previously would have found only through surgery.
No longer is such technology the stuff of science fiction films.
Endoscopic examination is replaced by PILL CAMERA.
• The device, called the given Diagnostic Imaging System, comes in capsule from and contains a camera, lights, transmitter and batteries.
• The latest pill camera is sized at26*11 mm and is capable of transmitting 50,000 color images during its traversal through the digestive system of patient.
• IN the transmitter block diagram, the video signals are amplified using one SMD type transistor for efficient modulation.
• In the bottom block a tiny SAW resonator oscillates at 315MHz from modulation of video signal.
This circuit uses Commercialized ASK/OOK
External Control Unit
Here the ON/OFF operation of the switch infront of the unit is encoded in to 4 channels
To verify the operation of the external control unit and telemetry capsule, CH1 was used to control ON/OFF of CMOS image sensor and CHs 2-4 to control led lighting.
The proposed telemetry capsule can simultaneously transmit a video signal and receive a control determining the behavior of the capsule
Drawbacks & Overcomes
1. Patients with gastrointestinal structures or narrowing are not good candidates for this procedure due to the risk of obstruction.
The first drawback is overcomed using another product manufactured with the help of nanotechnology which is the rice-grain sized motor.
2. The pill will get stucked if there is a partial obstruction in the small intestine.
3. Impossible to control Camera behaviour.
These two drawbacks can be overcome using a bi-directional telemetry Camera.
Applications of Nanotechnology
Biggest impact on the medical industry.
Nanorobots can perform delicate surgeries.
They can also change the physical appearance.
They can slow or reverse the aging process.
Used to shrink the size of components.
Nano technology has the potential to have a positive effect on the Environment.
In the near future most of the conventional manufacturing processes will be replaced with a cheaper and better manufacturing process “Nanotechnology”.
Scientists foresee that in the decades to come, with the help of nanotechnology one can make hearts, lungs, livers and kidneys, just by providing coal, water and some impurities and even prevent the aging effect.
Nanotechnology has the power to revolutionize the world of production