Post Office Management System
(Size: 362.5 KB / Downloads: 67)
Speedy and efficient information processing is crucial to our socially and highly developed technology. Computer can help the intolerable burden of handling the ever increasing amount or information with government department, public services and business concerns expected to contain because of their ability to analyze information as well as to retain, update and reproduce it because of their versality to present it in a variety of forms. This may also to some extent lead to problems occurring due to information explosion.
POST OFFICE works in every walk of our life. Through the automation of this system one can easily generate the information about the customer available and also about the old records.
For this efficient software the first and the foremost thing is that all the requirements should be known before hand and the developer should devote its effort for the completion of that requirement which are demanded by the customer should be fulfilled. This system can be used in various education departments and can distribute the copies of the system among the management and staff members for the required information of their customer.
Deficiencies of the manual system:
1. Lack of immediate retrieval of information - In manual system, lot of time is wasted in retrieving information. Much searching is required before required is found. This wastes a lot of time of the user as well as the person.
2. Lack of immediate information storage – In manual system, it is difficult to store information at proper place at that very moment. This is because the person is unable to quickly locate the place where the information is to be stored.
3. Prompts updating not possible – Changes are quite natural in all walks of life. Information and stored data also changes from time to time. These changes should be incorporated in the working also to keep the information up to date. However, bringing about changes through the manual system is a slow and tedious process because of which inaccurate information storage occurs.
4. Unplanned working – The manual system lacks the element of planned working. Records are not properly maintained. This creates a lot of problems at times like during information retrieval and storage
5. Insignificant generation of managerial and strategic reports. – In manual system, reports for management are difficult to be generated and strategic reports are impossible. This is because for these reports proper storage of information, its retrieval and its filtering are very important and very tough in manual system.
6. Accuracy – The manual system lacks accuracy in working and a number of operations may be performed incorrectly, the computations that are done in the organization may be incorrect and whatever are generated in the system may be inaccurate.
7. Reliability – The reliability of the manual system is considered to be low because of the above given reasons including the fact that ‘TO error is human’. Any task that is performed by men, always contain the risk of errors.
Object Oriented Programming
Object Oriented Programming is an approach that provides a way of modularizing programs by creating partitioned memory area for both data and functions that can be used as templates for creating copies of such modules on demand.
Objects and Classes
An object is a software bundle of variables and related methods. Objects are key to understanding object-oriented technology. Real-world objects share two characteristics: They all have state and behavior. Software objects are modeled after real-world objects in that they too have state and behavior. A software object maintains its state in one or more variables. A variable is an item of data named by an identifier. A software object implements its behavior with methods. A method is a function (subroutine) associated with an object. In the Java programming language, an object can specify one of four access levels for each of its variables and methods.
A class is a blueprint that defines the variables and the methods common to all objects of a certain kind. After you've created the class, you can create any number of objects from that class. When you create an instance of a class, the system allocates enough memory for the object and all its instance variables. Each instance gets its own copy of all the instance variables defined in the class.
Classes can also define class variables. A class variable contains information that is shared by all instances of the class .A class can also declare class methods. You can invoke a class method directly from the class, whereas you must invoke instance methods on a particular instance.
The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
API is the industry standard for database-independent connectivity between the Java programming language and a wide range of databases – SQL databases and other tabular data sources, such as spreadsheets or flat files. The JDBC API provides a call-level API for SQL-based database access.
JDBC technology allows you to use the Java programming language to exploit "Write Once, Run Anywhere" capabilities for applications that require access to enterprise data. With a JDBC technology-enabled driver, you can connect all corporate data even in a heterogeneous environment.
The JDBC API is the industry standard for database-independent connectivity between the Java programming language and a wide range of databases. The JDBC API provides a call-level API for SQL-based database access. JDBC technology allows you to use the Java programming language to exploit "Write Once, Run Anywhere" capabilities for applications that require access to enterprise data.